For nearly two decades, Séguin Racine has been working and innovating in the area of securities law. We are one of Canada’s leading law firms in the specialized small cap segment. The Firm is familiar with Capital Markets trends, and applicable rules and regulations. The Firm advises Canadian issuers on specific transactions and in respect of ongoing obligations such as disclosures, filings, regulatory compliance and corporate governance.
There are many reasons for which clients retain Séguin Racine as their Capital Markets advisors, including the following:
The Firm has completed more than 50 listings and initial public offerings and hundreds of private equity placements for dozens of Canadian issuers and investor-subscribers. The Firm has the required experience to serve both public or private companies.
Close and trusted relationship
We deliver our legal advice with a human touch and forge relationships with our clients which are based on mutual trust and in-depth knowledge of their projects. Our clients consistently tell us that the true dedication of our lawyers when handling their Securities and Capital Markets matters is a major feature distinguishing Séguin Racine from its competitors.
We provide decision-makers with comprehensive and reliable advice on governance, IPOs and securities listings across all Canadian exchanges. The Firm is able to offer seasoned expertise. Advising companies, members of the financial industry, brokerage firms and securities venture capital funds is one of Séguin Racine’s strengths.
The TSXV Venture Capital Venture Capital Program is no secret to the Firm. Since this program came into effect, our team has been guiding dozens of Start-ups from many industries on their Canadian IPOs. The founding shareholders of these emerging companies have benefited from the best of legal and business advice thus allowing them to achieve their growth and development goals.
Mines & Renewable Energy
Science & Technology
- 13.475 MM$ LISTING TRANSACTION FOR THE TECHNOLOGY FIRM GEEKCO 13.475 MM$ LISTING TRANSACTION FOR THE TECHNOLOGY FIRM GEEKCO On October 9, 2020, Woden Venture Capital Corporation, a public corporation, and Geekco Technologies Inc. a privately held collaborative social media firm, announced the completion of their qualifying transaction to list their securities on the TSX Venture Exchange. This $13.475 million reverse takeover created a corporation dedicated ...
- $23.7 MILLION TRANSACTION FOR THE PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY LSL LABORATORY INC. $23.7 MILLION TRANSACTION FOR THE PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY LSL LABORATORY INC. On March 27, 2020, the public company Terranueva Corporation, whose securities are traded on the Canadian Stock Exchange (CSE), and the private company LSL Laboratory Inc., a company specializing in eye ointments and vitamins, announced the signing of a Letter of Intent for a $23.7 million ...
- GEEKCO TECHNOLOGIES TO GO PUBLIC ON THE CANADIAN STOCK MARKET GEEKCO TECHNOLOGIES TO GO PUBLIC ON THE CANADIAN STOCK MARKET On January 24, 2020, the privately held company Geekco Technologies Inc. (“Geekco”) announced the signing of a conditional reverse takeover agreement with the public company Woden Venture Capital Corporation. This transaction will allow Geekco, a digital technology company targeting the marketing sector, to have its securities ...
- GARDA WORLD COMPLETES US$450 MILLION OFFERING OF SENIOR SECURED NOTES GARDA WORLD COMPLETES US$450 MILLION OFFERING OF SENIOR SECURED NOTES In January 2020, the firm represented Garda World Security Corporation in an offering of US$450 million aggregate principal amount of 4.625% Senior Secured Notes due 2027. View Press Release
- GARDA WORLD COMPLETES REPURCHASE OF UNSECURED NOTES FOR US$625 MILLION GARDA WORLD COMPLETES REPURCHASE OF UNSECURED NOTES FOR US$625 MILLION The Firm advised the issuer Garda World Security Corporation in its fall 2019 tender offer valued at US$625 million of Unsecured Notes due 2025. This securities transaction involved hundreds of holders across North America. View Press Release
- GARDA WORLD COMPLETES ISSUANCE OF UNSECURED NOTES FOR US$779 MILLION GARDA WORLD COMPLETES ISSUANCE OF UNSECURED NOTES FOR US$779 MILLION Séguin Racine represented the multinational Garda World Security Corporation in connection with the issuance of US$779 million of Unsecured Notes due 2027. This private placement was completed on the North American market on October 30, 2019. View Press Release