For over a decade, clients have retained the Firm’s services to assist them in successfully closing traditional bank financing transactions, revolving credit agreements, loan agreements involving agents and multiple lenders, and more standard loans, for both private and public companies. Séguin Racine’s team navigates the complex and highly regulated banking and finance environment with ease, whether acting for lenders or borrowers, performing due diligence, handling a title search, documenting the posting or taking of collateral, or drafting a mortgage, credit agreement or guarantee.
The Firm advises on a wide range of transactions related to the syndicated or non-syndicated bank financing market. Our strong expertise in banking law has led us to representing major clients in both Canada and the United States on many recent financial transactions.
Séguin Racine also has extensive experience in providing debt capital markets advice. Our services include handling the issuance of convertible debentures, medium term note programs and commercial paper. Thanks to an exceptional partnership with a prestigious American law firm, Séguin Racine has advised Canadian clients and regularly participated in numerous debt security transactions in North America in recent years, totaling hundreds of millions of US dollars.
Cinema, Art and Entertainment
- $23.7 MILLION TRANSACTION FOR THE PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY LSL LABORATORY INC. $23.7 MILLION TRANSACTION FOR THE PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY LSL LABORATORY INC. On March 27, 2020, the public company Terranueva Corporation, whose securities are traded on the Canadian Stock Exchange (CSE), and the private company LSL Laboratory Inc., a company specializing in eye ointments and vitamins, announced the signing of a Letter of Intent for a $23.7 million ...
- Acquisition and Financing of a Bombardier Challenger ACQUISITION AND FINANCING OF A BOMBARDIER CHALLENGER As part of its global operations, Code C Aviation acquired and financed a Bombardier Challenger 605 aircraft in February 2020. The firm’s multidisciplinary transportation law team advised the purchaser in these transactions valued at nearly $29 million.
- GARDA WORLD COMPLETES US$450 MILLION OFFERING OF SENIOR SECURED NOTES GARDA WORLD COMPLETES US$450 MILLION OFFERING OF SENIOR SECURED NOTES In January 2020, the firm represented Garda World Security Corporation in an offering of US$450 million aggregate principal amount of 4.625% Senior Secured Notes due 2027. View Press Release
- Credit Facilities of US$146 Million Séguin Racine acted as canadian legal counsel for the company as part of the closing of an amendment to its actual credit facilities for an incremental facility of US$146,000,000. The incremental financing is financed among others by two of the company's current lenders, Barclays Bank PLC and TD Securities (USA) LLC. Read the Press Release
- Private Investments For Activities In Colombia In January 2019, Séguin Racine acted as legal counsel for public mining exploration company Toachi Mining in regards to two private investments it made in the form of convertible debentures. Investments were finalized on January 23, 2019 for a total of $2,650,000.
- Closing Of Credit Facilities Séguin Racine acted as legal counsel for the company as part of the closing of $5,000,000 credit facilities in January 2018.