Commercial sensitivity, efficiency, creativity and professionalism: Séguin Racine has been applying these skills with consistency for every client in every transaction for years leading to work of quality. The Firm represents both major international players for complex operations and smaller companies for which, although more modest at the monetary level, the targeted transactions involve tailor-made legal strategies and remain significant for them.
Teamwork is one of the keys to the success of Séguin Racine. The Firm’s lawyers work closely with the client and with accountants, financial intermediaries and other transaction advisers, as the case may be.
This spirit of close collaboration with the client, the knowledge of its business objectives and of the risks allow the Firm to execute any transaction, in any industry and in any financial circumstances. The client’s business objectives and Séguin Racine’s strong experience allow the Firm to offer the best counsel to decision-makers to execute their priorities and achieve their goals.
For its services to public companies, Séguin Racine has a long track record of major transactions, including a strong focus on reverse takeovers (RTO) and going-public transactions.
On many occasions, the Firm has advised its clients on critical transactions requiring multiple legal and financial processes that necessitate a perfect orchestration of several legal disciplines to ensure the clients’ business objectives are met, for instances, going-private transactions, spin-offs, joint ventures, takeovers or plans of arrangement under corporate law.
The private transaction services offer a wide range of opportunities for our Firm to provide clients with sound advice with respect to negociating and drafting documents. The extreme dedication to client services, attention to details and commercial pragmatism of our lawyers help decision makers successfully complete their transaction. The Firm’s services include cross-border transactions, asset purchases and sales, auctioning and bidding processes and restructurings.
Mines & Renewable Energy
Science & Technology
- THREE ISLANDS PARK LTD THREE ISLANDS PARK LTD Conclusion of the sale for $22 million to the City of Laval of Île St-Pierre and Île aux Vaches. The firm advised the seller in this real estate transaction of more than 1,610,000 m2. See Journal de Montréal article *Image courtesy of Courrier Laval.
- 13.475 MM$ LISTING TRANSACTION FOR THE TECHNOLOGY FIRM GEEKCO 13.475 MM$ LISTING TRANSACTION FOR THE TECHNOLOGY FIRM GEEKCO On October 9, 2020, Woden Venture Capital Corporation, a public corporation, and Geekco Technologies Inc. a privately held collaborative social media firm, announced the completion of their qualifying transaction to list their securities on the TSX Venture Exchange. This $13.475 million reverse takeover created a corporation dedicated ...
- ACQUISITION OF WORLDAWARE ACQUISITION OF WORLDAWARE Acquisition of WorldAware, a worldwide leading firm in integrated security risk management for which Séguin Racine advised the Purchaser. View Press Release
- Acquisition and Financing of a Bombardier Challenger ACQUISITION AND FINANCING OF A BOMBARDIER CHALLENGER As part of its global operations, Code C Aviation acquired and financed a Bombardier Challenger 605 aircraft in February 2020. The firm’s multidisciplinary transportation law team advised the purchaser in these transactions valued at nearly $29 million.
- APPLICATIONS MOBILES AGYL APPLICATIONS MOBILES AGYL Merger on February 26, 2020 of two leaders in the world of digital innovation. Our firm advised the shareholders of Applications Mobiles Agyl in its multi-million dollar transaction with Nventive. This private transaction created a major player in Canada with close to 200 employees in its two mobile and web application development campuses ...
- GEEKCO TECHNOLOGIES TO GO PUBLIC ON THE CANADIAN STOCK MARKET GEEKCO TECHNOLOGIES TO GO PUBLIC ON THE CANADIAN STOCK MARKET On January 24, 2020, the privately held company Geekco Technologies Inc. (“Geekco”) announced the signing of a conditional reverse takeover agreement with the public company Woden Venture Capital Corporation. This transaction will allow Geekco, a digital technology company targeting the marketing sector, to have its securities ...