Séguin Racine is proud of its association with the real estate industry, an important pillar of the Canadian economy. The Firm offers practical and helpful advice to members of the real estate industry, including landowners, building owners, shopping center owners, real estate developers, rental space managers, franchisors and commercial tenants. We also proudly serve construction and logistics companies.
Relying on the multidisciplinary expertise of its team, Séguin Racine supports its real estate clients which include investment funds as well as public and private market investors of all kinds. Séguin Racine also assists with joint ventures, acquisitions, lease agreements and handles insolvency and commercial litigation.
The Firm has distinguished itself in the following practice areas:
- Acquisitions and dispositions of assets;
- Restructuring and tax reorganization;
- IPOs and stock exchange listings;
- Assumption of lease portfolios;
- Financing acquisitions and investment vehicles;
- Expropriation, tax assessment challenges and commercial litigation;
- Infrastructure and municipal land matters;
- Mining projects and mining leases;
- Governance; and
- Development of amusement parks and medical complexes.
Our state-of-the-art tax practice is also used to support the goals of real estate industry decision-makers in all kinds of innovative transactions.
Séguin Racine is pleased to be the advisor and partner of many corporate groups across Canada and the United States.
- Gestion Immobilière Harmonie $4 100 000
Property Purchase and construction of a cannabis plant
- Résidences Aurores Boréales $11 305 000
Purchase of two seniors’ complexes and concurrent global financing
- Vision Complexe Immobilier $1 500 000
Private financing for the medical complex Ma Clinique
- Baylin Technologies $6 200 000
Acquisitions of Alga Microwave’s Properties Read the Press Release
- Garda of Canada
Advice and drafting for a commercial lease portfolio across Canada
- Fun Key Studios $12 000 000
Coordination of the Corporation and Public Financing of amusement parks (Mexico) (Montréal)