Séguin Racine has considerable experience with service providers, commercial users and direct services in the Transportation industry. Over the past 15 years, Séguin Racine has served and continues to assist a multitude of clients in the trucking, armored vehicle, aviation, training school, road vehicle rental and bus transportation businesses. Our Firm also serves many clients in industries closely related to the Transportation industry, including courier companies, car dealerships, airport pre-boarding service firms and locating and signaling companies.
Séguin Racine offers its diversified clientele an enviable level of expertise in the context of the legal framework in Canada and in Quebec governing the field of Transport and Logistics. Our team keeps abreast of legal and regulatory changes.
Our expertise includes:
- Licenses and logistics regulations and compliance;
- Sale and lease-back transactions and fleet financing;
- Rental and financing of aircraft;
- Loss claims in the event of disaster or fatality;
- Cross-border and domestic contracts;
- Tax planning;
- Dispute Resolution and Commercial Litigation;
- Mergers and Acquisitions;
- Workplace health and safety; and
- Reorganization and insolvency.
At Séguin Racine, a customer-centric approach is at the heart of our culture. With this approach, we are able to address each issue or transaction and target and mitigate risks in accordance with the objectives of business decision-makers.
- Aeroguard Group
$16 000 000
Acquisition of a Company and Transfer of Services Contracts of 421 million from ACSTA
- Acquisition and Financing of a Bombardier Challenger ACQUISITION AND FINANCING OF A BOMBARDIER CHALLENGER As part of its global operations, Code C Aviation acquired and financed a Bombardier Challenger 605 aircraft in February 2020. The firm’s multidisciplinary transportation law team advised the purchaser in these transactions valued at nearly $29 million.
US$9 400 000
Acquisition of an American Corporation operating in Texas
- Garda World
$110 000 000
Acquisition of all the Canadian cash services operations of G4S Canada
- Groupe DCM
Sale of a Business in the Field of Aeronautics
US$24 000 000
Reorganization and Negotiation of a Master Lease Agreement for 157 aircraft